On Friday, we met a bunch of friends at the Gorge to camp for a few days and see a Dave Matthews concert. It's the 8th year we've done this out of the last 9 years and it was just as fun as ever. Picture camping in a hay field with 20,000 people.

Saturday was rainy and windy, but still fun. I have an embarrassing number of pictures of us piled into tents.
On Sunday, we drove to Seattle and stayed with our friend Cameron for a couple days. We were flash mobbed while we were there, which was pretty exciting. This particular one was people dancing to Michael Jackson's "Beat It."

We also took a "Duck" tour of Seattle. You know what I'm talking about: the boats with wheels that go on both the roads and in the water. We don't normally go for tourist stuff like that, but it was cheesy and fun.
On Monday night, I left Seattle for a business trip to Juneau. I got to take a group of investors on a tour of my company's gold mine up there. We saw a whale on the boat ride to the mine, but none of us was quick enough with a camera to catch it on film.
We even got to spend a couple hours underground. It was only the second time I've done it, so it was pretty cool.


Justin left Seattle on Tuesday morning for a week-long backpacking trip on the coast. I haven't talked to him since Monday, but I'm assuming he's having a good time. I'll try to snag some of his pictures when he gets back for a future blog post.
I left Juneau on Wednesday afternoon and arrived home in CDA just in time to go to an Anchorman/70s party with some friends. As luck would have it, Jenn and I showed up in matching purple suits. And Ben showed up with the world's creepiest mustache.





No comments:
Post a Comment