Monday, June 6, 2011

Nesting, Part IV

We put the finishing touches on the nursery tonight.  It is the tiniest nursery in the world - only 100 square feet - but I think it turned out great. We are so excited for our little guy to finally get here! 

The crib and changing table.  The long green sign at the top says "Cute as a Bug" and is how I told Justin I was pregnant.  We have been calling the baby "Bug" since that day.  The orange picture in the middle was painted by a good friend of ours, Alysia, and was the inspiration for the whole room.  It's a cute little lime green bird on an orange background with light blue stars.  The square picture frames were given to us by my sister.  They have bugs painted on them.  I framed pictures of me and Justin in one and Sophie in the other.  I made the fat bird mobile during this crazy nesting phase I've been in.  

The rocking chair where I'm sure I'll be spending more than a few hours soon.  We bought it from a sweet little old man in Spokane, touched up the stain, and recovered the seat with a viney/leafy print.   

A cool decal I found online.  Justin made the shelves out of trim scraps.  He's so handy. :) 

The stockpiled and ultra organized closet.  We're going to have one well-dressed baby thanks to our awesome friends and family! 

The cradle in our room where he'll sleep for the first few months.  Based on the stamp on the bottom, I'm pretty sure that Justin's great-grandfather (or maybe grandfather) made it for Justin when he was born.  

No comments:

Post a Comment