I ordinarily would have enjoyed the flight out, but I made the mistake of drinking a cup of coffee before I got on the plane. By the middle of the flight I was contemplating peeing my pants just a little bit to relieve the pressure. By the end of the flight, I had taken a ziplock bag out of my suitcase and was trying to figure out how to pee in it without a) spilling or b) attracting the attention of my coworkers. I also didn't want to get off the plane holding a see-through bag of pee. I miraculously made it and sprinted to the outhouse on the edge of the landing strip before I embarrassed myself.
My sweet ride
We landed here
I have toured mines more than a dozen times now, but it never gets old. I especially love going underground. I love the putting on all the required safety equipment and the sense of anticipation. I love the feeling of heading down into the darkness. I love watching the massive equipment operate in a tiny space. I love getting to see something that so few people in this world ever get to see. But most of all, I love the suprise relief that always comes with seeing daylight again. The whole experience is such an incredible thrill.
Due to high afternoon winds, we had to spend the night at the mine. We have a great camp there and I was lucky enough to stay in one of the nicest rooms we have.
We flew back to Chihuahua on Friday in the same tiny plane. I held off on the coffee and was able to enjoy the flight so much more this time.
I made it back to CDA late last night and surprised Edison this morning. We stayed in our pajamas all day snuggling and playing. I loved every minute of it.






No comments:
Post a Comment