Today is the first day of my new job as a stay at home mom. Without getting into the boring details, work got very unpleasant, very quickly. Thankfully I had the flexibility to make an exit before it got even worse. I am looking forward to spending more time with Edison and getting some projects done around the house. E will go to day care three days a week because a) he loves playing with his friends and doing art; b) I realize that my projects won't get done while entertaining him all day; and c) I hope to find gainful employment again within the next year so I can't risk losing our spot in the so-popular-it's-wait-listed facility.
I spent my last week of work in LA for business meetings. Justin also planned a business trip in LA at the same time, so we made a mini-vacation out of it. We went down a day early, toured around a little bit, and spent the rest of the time laying by the pool at our fancy hotel.
Santa Monica beach
At the pool
Edison split the time between his two sets of grandparents. I think they all had a good time. He is still talking and singing about his time at the farms. (In the version we sing, Uncle Allen rather than Old McDonald had a farm...)
No comments:
Post a Comment