Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The fair, Twin Lakes, and Labor Day

On a whim, Justin and I decided to take Edison to the county fair two weekends ago.  We were trying to decide what to have for dinner on a Friday night and somehow decided to have corn dogs at the fair.  Of course Edison loved it, especially petting the animals and riding the carousel.





 

Did you happen to notice the underwear sticking out of the back of Edison's pants? That's right, we're potty trained.  It just kind of happened naturally over the last few weeks.  I'm pretty proud of him. 

We spent most of last week at my parents' lake place again.  Since our last visit, Edison has been talking about "taking Daddy to Bompa's cabin."  Justin had a business trip in Canada, so we spent a couple days at the lake on his way there.  Edison again loved the fishing, swimming, canoeing, and just having fun. 










My favorite part of the trip was when Edison decided that he could "sing out the stars" by singing Twinkle Twinkle at night.  He would sing it, find some new stars, sing it again, find new stars, and repeat.  It was pretty magical. 

When I was a teenager at the lake, we used to lie on the end of the dock looking at the stars.  After Edison was done singing out the stars one night, I took him down to the dock and had him close his eyes and lie down. When he opened them, he gasped and said, "Oh Mommy, look at all the stars." Then he giggled and said "I sang out all those stars." That was probably my favorite parenting moment yet.  I still tear up thinking about it. 

For Labor Day, our good friends Cam and Jenn came over to visit from Seattle.  We spent lots of time in the boat and at the beach.  I can't believe summer is almost over! 



No comments:

Post a Comment