August has been a very busy month so far. So busy, in fact, that I haven't even had a chance to sit down and watch TV, which is when I usually do my blogging.
The biggest news is that I accepted and started a new job as the Vice President of Finance at Red Lion Hotels Corporation. I have been doing contract work for them since April and they ended up creating a new position to keep me around. It's been a good fit so far and I actually kind of enjoy the commute to Spokane.
Besides working, here is what else we have been up to:
Justin had a business trip that overlapped a Friday night, so Edison and I had a movie and "camping" night on the hide-a-bed in Justin's office.
Justin and I went to a fundraiser.
Our friends Seth and Casey came to visit for a weekend. We took them to Art on the Green, a giant annual art show in CDA.
My brother and his wife spent a weekend with us during their annual visit from Austria. We ended up throwing a huge BBQ for my entire family. We realized halfway through that it was the first time we had all been together with spouses and kids. The last time we got close was 4 years ago.
Justin and I have a new niece and Edison has a new cousin. We went down to the farm to meet baby Hadley and go for a quick combine ride.
Other than that, we just enjoyed a beautiful Coeur d'Alene summer.
I work from home on Fridays
and get to have a lingering breakfast with Edison
Edison stands up on the paddleboard now
Squirt gun fight on the boat
Alligator noodle
Boat up ice cream. Seriously.
E bravely jumping off the boat
Farmers market pizza, a Wednesday tradition
A special bedtime outfit, selected by Edison

-X3.jpg)













No comments:
Post a Comment