Monday, April 20, 2015

Justin's big trip

Edison and I had another fun week while Justin was still on his long trip. The highlight for Edison was some new Batman pajamas.

He wore these to school twice last week

The highlight for me was getting to answer some unexpected difficult questions:
  • Is meat made out of dead animals?
  • Why do police shoot people?
  • Where is heaven?
  • How do all those people fit in heaven?
  • How do babies come out of the tummy?
  • How do babies get in the tummy?
Needless to say, I am happy that Justin is home. I downloaded his pictures tonight and will now do an incredibly poor job of telling about his trip without actually talking to him about it.

Justin started out in the U.K. for 5 days to take some big customers on a tour of a backhoe facility. I think it was backhoes. And I think they maybe toured a couple facilities. (See? I'm already doing a great job.) Justin walked around taking pictures in his downtime. These are in the order he took them.

A church

An old building

A courtyard

A Roman(?) spa

Another church

A bridge (it looks like he was driving while taking this?)

A bridge at night

A pub crawl

A statue

Church?

Church.

Big Ben

No idea, but it looks old

A run along the Thames before leaving

He was done with his meetings on Friday and needed to be in North Carolina for meetings early the next week, so I suggested he spend the weekend with my brother who lives in Vienna. They met in Budapest which is now one of Justin's favorite cities.

The view from the bed and breakfast

Church

Church gets a close up

Proof that he was there

Statues

A Hungarian festival

Church

Balls. I'm assuming they're ancient. 

Clock

It looks like a beautiful city

Old building

Even bigger old building

 Lion lady. Grr. 

Gothic church

Fancy dinner in Vienna before heading back to the U.S.

The end. 

In all seriousness, I know he had an awesome time, especially in Budapest. His return home was perfect timing as I am now hunkered down for another big financial statement filing at work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment