Saturday, December 5, 2015

Hawaii

For Thanksgiving this year, we spent ten days in Hawaii with Justin's parents. I ended my job at Red Lion the day before we left so was able to completely unwind and relax. We stayed at my aunt's oceanfront condo which was amazing as usual.



Justin and I took advantage of having someone to watch Edison and we went scuba diving. It was incredible. We even had a pod of dolphins come play right above us. I haven't had time to edit the videos yet, but hope to get to that soon. 


We toured a chocolate farm and factory. Edison loves chocolate more than anyone I have ever met. The chocolate samples were at the beginning of the tour, so he was a little wiggly during most of the tour.  


We went to a historical religious site and recreated a favorite photo. 


We went to a luau for Thanksgiving dinner. 




We hiked through a lava tube. 


Edison discovered how much fun it is to explore tide pools. 





We snorkeled. A lot. Edison got so good at it that he was doing it on his own without a life jacket by the end of the trip. The snorkeling videos still need to be edited as well. 



We hung out at the pool. Edison practiced "kid scuba diving" which is really just repeatedly diving to the bottom of the pool. That kid is a fish.


He also wanted to practice surfing. 




But we mostly just hung out at the beach. (I won the sunburn contest on the first day so got to spend the rest of the week in a t-shirt and hat.) 









The best part was just enjoying some nice quiet family time.






We leave in the morning to spend the next four weeks in McCall before I start my new job. We crammed as much as humanly possible into this last week in preparation for being gone: ten various appointments, a dinner party with friends, a musical, a holiday light boat cruise, breakfast with Santa, and even a business trip for Justin. We also managed to get unpacked, repacked, and do all of our Christmas shopping and wrapping. We are exhausted!



Finally, a quick note that we don't have internet in McCall so I won't be blogging until we return home in January. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment