Sunday, March 6, 2016

To blog or not to blog?

I have been asking myself this question for a long time. Over the course of the last couple months, I have finally decided not to blog any longer. Here are my reasons:

1. Privacy. The internet is a scary place with even scarier people. I have been cranking down all of my security settings lately and this is the final step.

2. Relationships. This one is a little more tricky. I feel like blogging is actually hurting my close relationships. People are getting a one-way view into my life and it seems like knowing what's going on with me is enough. I am hoping to get back to more of a two-way street.

3. Real life. This one is also tricky. I have always tried to be very positive on my blog. I focus on the good things that are happening and completely omit the bad. Here's the real truth. Life is hard. The last three years, in particular, have been awful. I lost two jobs, was unemployed, lost an ugly legal severance battle, survived two horrific bosses, and suffered six miscarriages. Luck appears to have finally swung in our direction, but man that was a rough stretch. I just feel like I haven't been genuine. And that ties into #2 above.

4. Documentaion. I have continued blogging without feeling like it for some time because it forces me to take and organize our family pictures. I have found another way of accomplishing that goal without the previously mentioned drawbacks.

So, I guess that's it. Thanks for reading. For those who know me well, "The End."

No comments:

Post a Comment