It's very late and I am very tired from working all weekend, so please excuse the randomness of this post. In fact, when I first wrote "randomness," I accidentally typed "radon mess," which is vaguely appropriate for this nightmare of a project.
On Saturday morning, Justin and I watched our friends' 10-year-old son for a few hours. We dragged him with us to appointments to pick out knobs and light fixtures. He did extremely well with the exception of one small death metal radio incident in the lighting store. When we got to the house, we immediately put him to work. And when his dad showed up to pick him up, we put him to work, too. Here's a picture of both Ryan and Josh helping me stain the exterior trim. They were also kind enough to come back the next day.

Justin spent the last several days stripping paint off the eaves. He says he's getting close. I can only hope he's right. I spent the last few days staining exterior trim. It sounds easy, but I am actually pretty sore from all of my ladder contortions. Let's just say I don't think OSHA would approve of the way I use a ladder.

The floors received their first coat of stain and finish. They look beautiful! So naturally, I took one picture and then quickly covered them with paper to protect them. Justin and I lived with paper floors for several months during our last remodel. It's a little weird at first to vacuum and sweep paper floors, but I have to say the most frustrating part is trying to keep Sophie from grabbing one end of the tape and running. It's a fun game for her, not so much for us.

I thought it might be useful to show the layout of the house so the pictures in the next couple weeks make a little more sense. Things are going to start moving very quickly. We're in a race to finish before we have to move out of the condo on the 16th. I've had the song "The Final Countdown" stuck in my head all day. Do do do doo, do do do do doo...

In case you were wondering...
The obligatory ending picture of Sophie. This time she is sleeping on her pad in the front yard. It only took us two and a half months to think to bring something for her to sleep on.


You guys are so fast! When you're done on the 16th, do you want to come help Bill and I with our 4-year remodel? :-) We just found a leak in the downstairs bathroom and pulled out all of the wet drywall. Looks like we're starting the downstairs remodel a little earlier then expected. I'm glad at least someone else understands. :-)
ReplyDeleteThe house looks great!!!!