First we went to Portland to visit some friends. We had a great weekend of good food, good shopping, and good beer (at a winter beer festival).
The following weekend Justin's college roommate, Chris, came to visit. We showed him around Coeur d'Alene and even went for a drive to Wallace. My favorite part was the old mine we found up in a canyon. I'm such a nerd to still find that part of my job so fascinating.
Last weekend was my company's Christmas party on Friday.
Last weekend was also my cousin's engagement party on Saturday and a ladies' brunch with friends on Sunday. Part of the brunch was an exchange of handmade gifts (what could be more intimidating than that?!). Here's the cute hat I knitted.
I also knitted a blanket for my co-worker's baby.
Justin has been pretty creative around the house, too. First he welded a headboard for the guest bed.
Then he made a coat rack for the back entryway. (Yes, the tiny coat in the middle belongs to Sophie. And yes, the collar and cuffs are leopard print. She's a very stylish puggle.)
Somehow we also found time to decorate for Christmas.
We put up our first Christmas tree in at least five years (it never made much sense when I was working and traveling as much as I was in my old job). Justin and Sophie made a special trip to the woods one day to cut it down.
With the exception of Christmas tree hunting, Sophie hasn't been quite as productive. She prefers to spend her days sleeping. Her new favorite place is on a sheepskin we found when we were unpacking some random boxes in the basement.
Speaking of Sophie, we decided she looks an awful lot like the dog from the original Grinch cartoon.
I'm off to find a single horn to tie to her head...
Merry Christmas!












Are you guys going to the cabin this weekend? We will be up there tomorrow through Sunday. Will you guys be in town for the humanitarian bowl? I would really love to see you! It's been way too long Beth.
ReplyDeleteAlso - you are seriously so talented! I love that hat!
Miss you guys!
We haven't finalized all of our plans yet, but I think we'll head to the cabin on Saturday. We'll most likely be there until the 3rd, with a day trip to Boise for the H-Bowl. It would be really fun to see you guys!
ReplyDelete