Edison turned 9 months old last Tuesday. His pediatrician fell and had to have emergency knee surgery so his well baby check up has been postponed for a few weeks. I was dying to know how much he weighed, so I took him to Mother's Haven after work one day. Their baby scale said he weighs 25 pounds! Then I took him home and attempted to measure his length with a tape measure. I think he's about 30 inches long, but it was pretty tough to get him to hold still. Then I put all of that into an online calculator and think he's in the 95th percentile for both height and weight.
We had a follow up appointment with Edison's ophthalmologist last week. The good news is that his vision is not yet being impacted by his ptosis. The bad news is that his development is. He is showing almost no interest in crawling, likely because he has to lift his head up so high to see where he is going. And when he walks with assistance, he falls over backwards whenever he looks up. The ophthalmologist is recommending that he have surgery as soon as possible. We have an appointment next week with a plastic surgeon who specializes in eyelids. I tear up every time I think about sending him down the hallway at the hospital.
Edison continues to be the sweetest and happiest baby. He is the class clown at day care and they think he's one of the funniest babies they have ever had. He claps all the time, makes funny faces and noises, giggles at almost everything, and gives kisses to everyone within reach. I'll consider it cute for now. It might be a problem if he's still doing it when he's 18.
The most exciting (and frightening) thing is that Edison is finally mobile. There's this:
And this:
And this:
My favorite pictures from the month:
And the bear and sticker picture:
I told you he's big. That's an 18-month outfit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment