Monday, May 21, 2012

Busy

Justin and I have both been very busy for work these last six weeks. Justin has been in North Carolina, Boise, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Anchorage.  I have been in New York, Chicago, Juneau, and Reno.  Amazingly, we only had one night of overlap and we are very grateful to Justin's mom for covering that night. We also had our first baby-free weekend away.  I'll do my best to catch up on my blogging in the next week or so.

Justin never takes pictures when he travels, but I am happy to share a few of mine.

New York
I spent four days in back-to-back meetings in New York a few weeks ago. I was able to see quite a few of the sites on the way to and from meetings - Times Square, Central Park, Empire State building, Brooklyn Bridge, Grand Central Station, World Trade Center Memorial, Fifth Avenue, Rockefeller Center, Wall Street, United Nations - but I was with my boss, lawyers, and investment bankers the whole time and didn't want to be the tourist taking pictures.  Here are the very few pictures I did take:

Madison Square Garden.  I got to sit in a suite at Game 7 of the quarterfinals for the Stanley Cup. I still can't believe it, either.

The New York skyline. I snuck this picture from the window of a conference room during a break. That's part of the World Trade Center Memorial in the lower left hand corner.

My legs. I accidentally took this picture in the middle of a meeting, bringing my picture total to three for the entire trip.

Alaska
I took a group of people on a tour to my company's mine in Alaska the following week.  May isn't the best time of year for a trip to Alaska, but it was still beautiful.

On the boat on the way to the mine. We saw dolphins and even a whale.

Our transportation underground. I just thought it was funny. 

I took a picture of Caterpillar equipment for Justin. Romantic, huh?

Nevada
After a quick stop at the Spokane airport to drop off milk for Edison, I took the same group of people on a tour of my company's mine in Nevada.

Boring mining stuff

More Caterpillar equipment for Justin

Chicago
I spent 25 hours in Chicago last week.  I had 8 meetings while I was there.  It was brutal.  The only picture I took was the view from my hotel room.


I'm so excited to be home with my boys and done working crazy hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment