Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Swimming lessons, birthdays, and a visitor

We have had Edison enrolled in swimming lessons since the beginning of June. I know he seems young for it, but we live across the street from the lake with a little boy who loves to escape from the fenced yard and run. A lot of our friends have raved about a local instructor, so we went for it. It's amazing. He has been to six lessons and has already improved so much. 

One of the first things they teach is that if they fall in a pool, they should blow bubbles, turn around, and grab the wall, like in the video below.  It already paid off.  Edison fell of the swim deck of the boat (in a life jacket) and did exactly what he has been learning to do.  Instead of freaking out, he giggled and wanted to do it again. 


They are also starting to teach him to swim underwater. He will actually do it for a little bit without holding hands now.  I'm excited to see how he keeps progressing. 


Justin and I celebrated our anniversary as well as both birthdays earlier this month.  To celebrate all three, I surprised Justin with an overnight trip to a hot springs in Montana.  I can't remember the last time the two of us went away, not on business, not with friends, just us.  It was wonderful.  We soaked in the pools for 5 hours, ate an amazing dinner, and slept in.  Thanks to my parents for watching Edison while we were gone. 

The cute little cabin we rented

 The view from the cabin's front porch

My mom used to make me a doll cake every year for my birthday and surprised me with this little beauty this year.  How sweet! 

My brother Matt came for his annual visit from Vienna earlier this month.  We were so happy to get to see him three times while he was here.  Edison absolutely loves his Uncle Matt. 

Matt likes to roughhouse

Matt has a Kindle with stories about German dinosaurs

Matt brings lederhosen swimsuits and gives yodeling lessons

And a picture of Edison that doesn't really have anywhere else to go.  Everyone thinks that Edison looks like Justin.  I think he looks like my dad.  No jokes about Justin looking like my dad, please. 


No comments:

Post a Comment