Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Christmas and a New Year

Christmas was so much fun this year because Edison is starting to get it.  He sang all the Christmas songs, talked about Santa, and was really into giving people presents.  I heard someone say recently that Christmas with kids is even more fun than Christmas as a kid.  I think it's true.


We had our own tiny Christmas at home on the morning of the 24th.  Santa brought Edison a giant train table, which he absolutely loves.


We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with Justin's family.


We spent Christmas night with my family.


Then we spent the next 10 days skiing in McCall.  Edison made so much progress over the course of our time there.  Skiing, too, was even more fun this year.










Now it's 2014 and I am so excited for a fresh year. I typically keep this blog very positive, but I am going to be brutally honest for a second. 2013 was a hard year.  It started with my company deciding to move to Chicago, was followed by the hardest busy season I have ever worked, turned into a ton of  uncertainty and stress about how and where I would find new job, was dotted with demoralizing job rejections, was frought with the stress of fighting a billion-dollar company for severance (a battle that is not over yet), had some scary weirdness when Edison was talking to "Denda" (who he said was an old man with a hammer in the basement), and finished up with a devastating miscarriage of twins just a few days before Christmas.  Don't get me wrong, there were definitely some bright points during the year and I loved all of the extra time with Edison.  But I'm glad 2013 is over.  Bring it on, 2014.  This is my year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment