July finished almost as busy as it started. Two weekends ago we went to my parents' lake place, which is one of my favorite places in the world. I have visited every summer of my life except for one. We had a great time swimming, boating, fishing, and just relaxing. The highlight of the weekend was helping my aunt (a minister) practice for a deep-water baptism. It's a long story, but we sure got some great pictures.
Mary Sue "baptizing" Justin

Sophie enjoying a boat ride
(Yes, that is a life jacket. She loves to swim but isn't very buoyant on her own.)
Last weekend, we had our fist houseguest when our good friend Seth came to visit for the weekend. It was by far the best weekend we have had in CDA yet. Unfortunately, we lost the camera for over a week (hence the late post of the trip to the lake) and don't have any pictures.
I keep meaning to put up some before and after pictures of the house now that it is "done." Realistically it's not going to happen for another couple weeks. First of all, I'm a bit of a perfectionist and hesitate to put up "after" pictures when there's still visible work to be done. Second, I am crazy. I signed up for a huge relay race in two weeks and have been at the gym almost every night frantically training. I am also playing my violin in a wedding of some close friends next weekend. It's been a very, very long time since I played in public. So after the gym, I have been frantically practicing my violin. And third, I'm enjoying my brief break from having my life revolve around the house. Things will most likely return to "normal" after the wedding and the race.
I can't wait to see you next week! If you want to go for a run on Saturday before the wedding, I'd be up for it. And I know you'll do awesome on the violin. :-) No stress!
ReplyDelete