Sunday, August 16, 2009

Spokane to Sandpoint and Clint Black

This weekend I ran in a relay race from Spokane to Sandpoint. I was part of a 12-person team that ran a total of 185 miles. We started at 6:30 on Friday morning and finished at about noon on Saturday afternoon. I'm still catching up on my sleep and my legs are pretty sore, but it was definitely worth it.

After the race, Justin and I met our friend Tim in Sandpoint and went to a Clint Black concert. It was great to see Tim and the concert was awesome.

In the middle of the second of my three legs. It was getting dark and pouring rain. And see the brace on my left wrist? The sprain (see previous post) turned out to be a hairline fracture.

My incredibly supportive team encouraging a tired runner up her last hill

The car I spent 30 hours in with a co-worker, 4 complete strangers, a cooler, and way too much sweaty running gear

My team at the finish line - we got 4th place in our division!

Justin and Tim waiting for the concert to start

Clint Black

Here's the un-zoomed version. We had great seats.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Beth! I'm so proud of you! No more violins or running....now you can relax and enjoy the newly remodeled house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! That race sounds like a lot of fun. You really have a knack for taking innocent sounding injuries and making them serious. A bruised leg? no, a broken leg...a sprained wrist?, no a hairline fracture.

    ReplyDelete