Saturday, May 14, 2011

Catch up (I got my hands on some pictures)

Justin's family and friends threw me a baby shower in Colton in the middle of April.  I was overwhelmed by the amount of people that came and the distance they traveled, as well as by their generosity.  Our baby is already one lucky little guy!


My friend Michelle and I walked in a 5-mile race that same weekend.  I was quite pregnant and pushing her toddler in a stroller, while she had her newborn baby in a wrap on her chest.  We got a lot of funny looks, but we had a good time.  We finished in last place in our age group with a blistering pace of 20 minutes per mile.  Justin fared much better at 9 minutes per mile.

The following weekend Justin and I took one last ski trip down to McCall.  I ended up working most of the weekend, but that's OK because Justin didn't let me ski this time anyway.  I did get to enjoy a BBQ in the parking lot with friends and sunshine.



My sister Anne and friend Michelle threw me a baby shower in Coeur d'Alene last weekend.  I was once again overwhelmed by the support and generosity of our family and friends. 



Now I put a stop to our usual road trips and we're hunkered down in Coeur d'Alene, getting ready for the baby (aka nesting) and enjoying local events.  Here we are at a fundraiser for the opera.  


And here's Sophie snuggling my bump on our last long car ride.  I love this picture.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you were coming to Boise soon so we could throw you a baby shower here too!! :) I can't believe June is almost here!

    ReplyDelete