Monday, November 14, 2011

5 months old

Edison turned 5 months old yesterday. He has unfortunately been to the doctor a few times recently, so we know he weighs a little over 18 pounds.  The whole family has been fighting a cold for a couple weeks now, but Edison's cold turned into a pretty serious infection in his lungs and ears.  He has been on antibiotics and receiving breathing treatments for over a week and is finally starting to improve.  He's been as happy as can be throughout the whole thing though. Here is his best sad face. It's hard to look too sad when you're wearing a dinosaur snow suit.  




We started feeding Edison solids a few weeks ago.  He was showing every sign of being ready and our pediatrician gave us the go ahead at his 4-month appointment, but I still wanted to wait until he was 6 months old.  Then he started nursing for 40 minutes every 2-3 hours at night and I just couldn't do it any more.  The solids were just starting to help with the sleep when the cold set us right back again.  Ugh.  I would give anything for more than 3 hours of sleep.  Anyway, he has now tried rice cereal, banana, avocado, and sweet potato.  He loves all of them and does a surprisingly good job.  He is so eager for every bite that we don't even have to play the airplane game. 






Developmentally, he is getting close to sitting up unassisted and is starting to pull his knees under him when he's on his belly.  I am definitely not ready for him to be mobile.  He continues to get more interactive and fun every day.  Yesterday morning he even gave me a hug and a nice big open-mouthed slobbery kiss.  





We managed to get so many great bear pictures this month that it was hard to choose. This one shows both how happy he is and how big he is getting.  We are sometimes baffled at how two stressed out type A people could make such a happy baby.  As Justin says, apparently two wrongs do make a right.  


Finally, I bought myself a video camera and have been going a little crazy lately.  I feel compelled to share my favorite.  Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment