Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Anniversary

Justin and I celebrated nine years of wedded bliss today. We also stained the exterior doors (with some help from Justin's brother Nathan), caulked the stairs, and unpacked the rest of the kitchen boxes. We took a little time off to go to a nice dinner, but came home to a small flood in the basement. The plumbers apparently forgot to hook up the shower drain, so it drained straight into the crawl space and through a wall to the basement. (This is the second time we get to replace that wall. The basement also flooded during construction when the dry wall guys left the hose on all weekend. I didn't mention it at the time because I was trying to stay positive.) On the bright side, we haven't put in the new floor yet so at least the damage is pretty minimal.

Still no pictures. Stacks of boxes aren't very exciting anyway.

One more thing I just remembered: right as we were finishing dinner tonight the band played our song, "What a Wonderful World." I say what a happy coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment