Monday, August 15, 2011

Edison and his dog

A lot of people have asked me how Sophie is handling the baby.  She's actually doing pretty well with it.  I think she was depressed the first couple of weeks; she would sit on the opposite end of the couch and glare at me while I fed him.  Now she sits as close to us as she can get.  She also stopped sleeping in her crate and insisted on sleeping on the floor next to his cradle.  We bought her a fancy new dog bed for our bedroom. We also had to put a dog bed next to the rocking chair in the nursery for middle of the night feedings.

She still hasn't really shown affection to him, but she is definitely protective.  I first noticed it when we visited some friends in Boise and she wouldn't let their dog get near him.  Then I really noticed it when I was sorting through pictures the other day and she was in more of them than I realized.






No comments:

Post a Comment