Monday, August 22, 2011

Edison's baptism

We had Edison baptized on July 17.  That is a special day in the Meyer family; it's Sandwich Day - the day between my birthday and my sister's birthday.  It's more important than almost any other holiday in my family.  We were fortunate that the day fell within the narrow window of Matt and Ercy's annual trip to the United States.  We are honored that they agreed to be Edison's godparents.


His baptism was performed at St. Boniface Catholic Church in Uniontown, Washington.  It is the same church where Justin and I were married 11 years ago.  It was the first consecrated church in the state of Washington and is absolutely beautiful.


Justin's parents hosted a brunch following the baptism.  We had sandwiches (a Sandwich Day tradition) and cake. 


We were able to get the first four-generation picture of Edison, Justin, Lee, and Jerry.  And now you can see how I knew exactly what Edison would look like.


Jerry was still just as enthralled with Edison as during the first visit. 


My dad with Edison.  I just think this picture is cute. 


No comments:

Post a Comment