Edison has been really sick all week so we haven't been doing anything very exciting. I figured I would show some of my Pinterest wins from the last 6 months or so. I wish I had pictures of the fails, but there are plenty of websites dedicated to just that.
We made this sign for Justin for Valentine's day. Edison loves to do art, especially if it involves painting his hands or feet. The feet are tough because he is so ticklish. This sign hangs at the bottom of the stairway down to the basement and he yells "ART" every time we go downstairs.
We made these pots for the grandmothers for Mother's Day. There are footprint butterflies, fingerprint flowers, fingerprint bees, and fingerprint lady bugs. They didn't turn out as well as I had hoped because I got the wrong kind of paint, but they are still pretty cute.
These pots hang on the fence in the courtyard. I painted them to match the cushions on the benches.
This giant letter D is covered in wine corks and hangs in the new wine cellar, which is almost done after two long years. I plan a separate post soon for its debut. I would like to point out that I have been saving corks for years and several other families kindly contributed to this project as well. Which is to say that this is not an indication of the level of wine consumption at the Druffel house.
This table sits in the wine cellar. We had some leftover wine barrel staves from another part of the wine cellar project so I turned to Pinterest to figure out what to do with them. Justin is a genious for figuring out the geometry behind this thing.
I made two swimsuit coverups for myself, a short black one with leather straps and a long pink one with braided straps. I thought about taking pictures of myself wearing them, but:
1) It takes a pretty magical occassion for me to put on make up and do my hair these days. Blogging for three people to read does not make the cut.
2) I am so pale I am almost see through
3) I fell up - yes, up - the stairs of death in the basement three weeks ago and my legs are still pretty bruised and scabbed
4) I have not worked out since my big fall
5) This lady is way hotter than me anyway






No comments:
Post a Comment