Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Edison's school

Edison and I have both been really sick with bad colds.  Edison was so sick last week that I had to get out the nebulizer and give him breathing treatments every few hours one night.  We both slept pretty much all weekend and are on the mend.  Justin spent the weekend working on some big projects alone, poor guy.

We took the boat out of the water on Saturday. We took a quick spin to warm it up and got to watch this really cool old seaplane take off. Once the boat was on the trailer and in the driveway, E and I went to bed and Justin spent the next 7 hours cleaning and winterizing the boat.  

There was a huge windstorm on Saturday night and Justin got to do a small unexpected logging project on Sunday. What a trooper.

Since I don't have anything else to blog about, I thought I would share some pictures from Edison's school.  We feel absolutely blessed to have him in the best day care in town.  They have a new private facebook page where the teachers post pictures of the kids doing activities. I love it because I get to peek in at my little guy a couple times a week. These are a few of the pictures from school.

The kids all go to chapel every Wednesday where they get a little bible lesson and sing songs. They also have music/dance class every Tuesday, but I haven't seen any pictures from that yet.

Edison's favorite activity, by far, is sports class on Wednesday. It's a relatively new program that he wishes he could do every day. Each week, the kids learn about one sport, one fruit or vegatable, and one major muscle group. Edison came home last week talking about eating fiber and and stretching his hamstrings.


The kids spend a ton of time outside with the philosophy that fresh air is good for learning. They have a huge playground and frequently take walks around the neighborhood.  Here is his class learning about leaves last week.


In the classroom, they are working hard on their letters.  Edison can recognize and tell you the sound of most of the letters in the alphabet and is even starting to learn to write his name.  I am pretty impressed and take absolutely no credit.  Each week has a theme and a letter, which will help explain the next pictures.  They also study shapes (last week was hexagon) and are learning about measurements (we get some funny one at home such as the counter being eleventy-ten-seventeen-and-a-half inches tall).

A few weeks ago they had farm week. They made mud and played with plastic pigs. They also made chocolate pudding and are learning about recipes. 

Pet week was about a month ago. They brought in pictures of their pets and talked about how dog and cat bodies are different from humans and about how to take care of pets. Here he was making a clay paw print. 

I think this was C week and they were making cat faces out of construction paper. 

During D week, they studied dinosaurs and made fossils.

This week is pumpkin week


With work being as tough as it is right now for me (thank goodness it's temporary), and with Justin's heavy travel schedule (averages about 50%), it makes it much easier knowing that he is so incredibly happy and well cared for.  It also does make our time at home together pretty happy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment